Tip of the Month
With the cold weather this season approaching Dave The Garden Guy has some tips to follow to keeping your garden healthy throughout the cold weather.
- Start pruning all your disiduous trees, shrubs and plants.
- Start planting trees, bare-root roses, flowers, peppers, tomatoes, and eggplants, strawberries and blackberries. The short season veggie varieties do best in the Desert Southwest. Be sure to plant in the southern exposure of your home.
- Keep the Soil Warm by mulching to maintain the warmth in the soil for plants. Spread about 2-4 inches of mulch.
- If you have roses, prune them.
- Get ready for frost protection.